i've been a lurker for quite some time, but made an account to post this. soon-ish i'll DM a 'great modron march' campaign in 5e and i need your help. i have never run a planescape campaign, a pre-made module or even a game in 5e - and i have no other planescape book so my knowledge of the setting comes from online resources, the module, and planescape:torment (which i only started recently to familiar myself with the setting and most importently sigil).
i have a few questions for you:
- did anyone here already DMed the march and can give me advice?
- a lot of ingame time passes from one event to the following one, and it says both in the book and online that i should mix it up with other adventures. are there any online that you recommend? i don't mind buying a book or two from drivethrurpg, but my budget is pretty low so fan-made stuff would be great
- following the last one, is there any BOOK i must-have? again, low budget so only a couple at most. i think i'm quite familiar with the setting (i read basically everything i found online), but i guess there is no replacement to actually reading the book.
- two of the players know nothing about planescape, the third one played torment. how much info do i dump at them?
- we will play in roll20, with skype for talking - so maps, music, pictures and the like would be great for the game. is there some good source for such thing?
sorry for such a long request, and thanks to anyone who read the post :)